Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome

I have decided to chronicle my thoughts on this, my maiden trip to Uganda, and Africa in General. Going to a new country, alone, and not knowing how one will adapt is always a challenge; however, it is also an oportunity to live outside the comfort zone and push barriers and boundaries. I have done this before - hop, skip and jump to another country. At that time, I was much younger and was quite excited for the adventure. That was my move to Canada.... a lifetime ago, it seems! Now, I am older, and dare I say, wiser, and headed to the unknown again. The difference now is that I am not sure if I am as adventerous as I was when I was 22.

I will be writing about everything that strikes my imagination and sometimes, may just detail what I did in a particular day. I hope that the readers will find it as interesting and enjoyable as I most certainly will find it... while living and writing! I am here on an International Social Justice/Human Rights Internship and will be working with a local NGO. I am quite political, and race, politics, culture and everything controversial will find its way in this blog. This is my personal reflections and does not reflect any official positions or views of agencies that I am associated with.

Now... welcome to Uganda - the Pearl of Africa!

3 comments:

  1. I will try to follow your ramblings Kowlasar! I hope the experience of Uganda is great for you!
    also, you are hardly at the age to stop being adventurous... in fact, I don't think such an age exists! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful read; the cultural similarities is quite interesting when you connect the dots and assimilate all of facts. Hopefully there will be a change but without influence, change will not occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dude, watch out for the wildebeasts!!
    please tell me you'll be helping these people to gain a better understanding of their world and how they can redirect it without tribal bloodshed and corruption. also, tell them not to eat the monkeys...even though they are evil.

    ReplyDelete